Here’s How You Can Help!
Thank you for joining the nationwide effort to preserve a portion of the Willow Run Bomber Plant as a NEW home for the Yankee Air Museum, and fill it with exciting exhibits on history and aviation to inspire future generations.
We are still, for a limited time, making available our beautiful Preservation Certificate, that proves that YOU are one of the very special people who helped Save Willow Run, so click that Donate button now! Together… We can do it!
If you wish, you can dedicate your Certificate in honor of your own personal hero or heroine… makes a great gift!
How else can I help?
- GIVE The single most helpful thing that any person or organization can do to help Save The Bomber Plant would be to give what you can to preserve and renovate Willow Run, and fill it with history! Every $50 saves and preserves 1 square foot of the Bomber Plant, so…
- $50 preserves 1 sq. ft.
- $100 preserves 2 sq. ft.
- $250 preserves 5 sq. ft.
- $500 preserves 10 sq. ft.
- $1,000 preserves 20 sq. ft.
- $2,500 preserves 50 sq. ft.
- $5,000 preserves 100 sq. ft.
If you do not wish to donate via the online interface, and you wish to mail in a donation, download this PDF form that you can use with a credit card or check. If you’d rather make a pledge contingent upon us securing the Bomber Plant, here is a downloadable, printable Pledge Form. Or, simply mail a check (payable to: Michigan Aerospace Foundation) to Save The Willow Run Bomber Plant, c/o Michigan Aerospace Foundation, PO Box 8282, Ann Arbor, MI 48107. (Please use this address for donations only. For other correspondence, see our Contact Page.) The Yankee Air Museum and the Michigan Aerospace Foundation are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Your donation is tax-deductible as provided by law.
- DISPLAY MATERIALS IN YOUR STORE OR RESTAURANT Are you a business owner with a storefront or restaurant? Help build awareness by displaying a colorful Campaign flyers in your establishment! Please fill out our Contact Form and we’ll see that you get some!
- SPREAD THE WORD Please… post, tweet, link, and share the Campaign message! A great way to do that is by Liking the Yankee Air Museum on Facebook and then sharing Campaign-related posts with your friends. The more people know about the Campaign, the more awareness and money we can raise!
- BECOME A TRIBUTE ROSIE THE RIVETER You can help build awareness for the Campaign by making appearances at area events with our volunteer troupe of Tribute “Rosies.” Learn more about “Joining the Rosies” by clicking here.
In addition to giving, promoting, and sharing, other ways to help include…
- SUGGEST PEOPLE TO CONTACT Suggest some people or organizations you know of who might be interested in the Campaign, or might be in a position to make a significant donation or offer other support. Ideally, you would be able to personally help us make that contact! To suggest possible champions for our cause, please visit our Contact Page to fill out our Contact Form or contact us by mail, email or phone.
- TELL US YOUR WILLOW RUN OR ‘ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY’ STORY The Yankee Air Museum’s Oral History Project has an ongoing program of interviewing and recording the recollections of WWII veterans and war workers. At this time, we are especially anxious to collect “home front” recollections from people who worked at Willow Run, or other industrial operations related to the WWII war effort. If you, or a family member, have a story you would be willing to share, or would like to be interviewed about your experiences, please visit our Contact Page to fill out our Contact Form. Our historians would love to hear from you!
- SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER Please sign up for the campaign newsletter! That way, we can keep you posted about the progress of the Campaign, and notify you of specific opportunities to help Save The Bomber Plant.
- VISIT THE YANKEE AIR MUSEUM If you have not already done so, we hope that you will visit the Yankee Air Museum. A visit to the Museum in its current home is a fun, family-friendly adventure, and will give you a sense of how much more we could accomplish in the larger space that the former Bomber Plant would provide. Learn more at the Yankee Air Museum website.
- JOIN THE YANKEE AIR MUSEUM Membership not only provides free admission and other benefits, but also helps support current and future Yankee Air Museum programs and operations. Learn more about Yankee Air Museum membership.
- ATTEND THE ANNUAL AIR SHOW Our 2013 Thunder Over Michigan Air Show will be held August 10th through 11th at Willow Run Airport. Learn more about this year’s Air Show.
- BOOK A FLIGHT ON A REAL WWII BOMBER Flight Experience (FLEX) flights on our B-17 “Yankee Lady” or B-25 “Yankee Warrior” historic aircraft are available May through October. We offer flights out of Willow Run, MI and Port Clinton, OH on a regular basis, and around the country during the air show season. Learn more about FLEX flights.
Together, we can do it!
Do your part. Click on the big, red “Donate” button, and give generously…. and please tweet, post and share to spread the word!
The Michigan Aerospace Foundation
The Yankee Air Museum
Campaign Co-chairmen Astronaut Jack Lousma and former GM Executive Bob Lutz